No GMAT or GRE required through Fall 2022.
Thrive in a growing, lucrative field with your 100% online Master of Science in Business Analytics.
Program Details: 2 years | $714 Cost per Credit | 30 Credit Hours
Today’s business leaders must do more than lead people; they must be able to leverage data in order to steer a business towards success. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, data analyst jobs will see a 20% growth from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than average. This promising job outlook for data analysts is due to the increasing need for better market research across a range of different industries.
To meet the demand for well-rounded leaders who are both effective managers and strategic business analysts, Drake University has created a specialized program designed for leaders who need to incorporate business analytics and big data into their roles. Also, all six-week courses are asynchronous, which means you can study when and where it works best for you. There are no in-person requirements or scheduled online class meetings.
The only fully online business analytics master’s program in the state, Drake’s Master of Science in Business Analytics will prepare you to:
- Utilize key business data to solve operational, tactical, and strategic organizational problems
- Lead data analytics projects and teams
- Effectively communicate between data analysts and users
- Design and implement a data repository to support strategic decision making
- Identify and apply effective data analytics methods to solve problems
- Become proficient in Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Excel and Analytic Solver Platform, Microsoft PowerBI, Python, R, SQL, and Tableau
The master’s in business analytics program consists of 30 credits and can be completed in two years, attending part-time. (Non-degree seeking students have the option to earn a Certificate in Business Analytics by taking the five core courses.)
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Submit an electronic copy of your résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Submit a typed, one-page essay detailing how a graduate education at Drake University will help you reach your academic and professional goals.
- Submit contact information for two professional recommendations.
About the College of Business & Public Administration
Drake University’s College of Business and Public Administration prepares students for immediate and enduring success in a progressively technological, data-driven, and global environment. With a commitment to integrate data analysis, entrepreneurship, and globalization into our curriculum, our graduates are poised to thrive in today’s competitive job market.
Staying true to our mission of bringing the classroom into the world and the world into the classroom, our graduate degrees are enhanced by our expert faculty and relationships with local business leaders, as well as national and international executives and successful Drake alumni. These experiences put Drake students ahead of the competition come graduation; in fact, our employment outcomes outpace national averages when it comes to placement rates and starting salaries.
In addition to university accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, the College of Business & Public Administration (CBPA) is an accredited member of AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The CBPA is also one of just seventeen universities in the United States to be recognized as a Center for Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.