At Drake University, our goal is to ensure that all of our students – whether online or on-campus – have everything they need to succeed and make the most of their experience. If you are considering a Drake online program and have questions that are not answered by the resources provided below, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 844-254-4221. If you are a current Drake online student, please contact 515-271-2674.
- New Student Checklist
Once you are accepted to a Drake online program, you can use this comprehensive checklist to understand and navigate the enrollment and registration processes. The checklist also contains helpful contact information, links to the tools and resources you’ll need, and more. Download the Drake New Student Checklist here.
- Academic Calendar
The 2019-2020 academic calendar includes important dates for the academic year, including deadlines to drop or add classes and scheduled closures. Click here for the Drake Academic Calendar.
- Online Course Schedule
The course schedule for Fall 2019 provides information on which online program courses will be offered in the Fall 2019 session and who the faculty member teaching the course will be. Download the 2019 Fall Schedule here.
- Program Worksheets
Drake online program worksheets contain important information on the breakdown of credits and courses required as part of the program. The helpful worksheet format will assist you in mapping out the courses you will take, which you can then discuss with your academic advisor. Download the program worksheets by clicking the links below:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Communication – Brand Communication Track
- Master of Arts in Communication – Communication Leadership Track
- Master of Arts in Communication – Public Affairs and Advocacy Track
- Master of Arts in Communication – Undecided Track
- Master of Data Analytics Leadership
- Master of Jurisprudence in Compliance and Risk Management
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in Education
- College Academic Requirements
Each department or college has specific academic policies for things like GPAs, transferring credits, and graduation requirements. Review the documents below for your specific college’s requirements.
- College of Business and Public Administration Academic Requirements (MBA, MPA, and MDAL programs)
- School of Journalism & Mass Communication Academic Requirements (MAC program)
- School of Education Academic Requirements (MSE program)
- Drake Law School Code of Student Conduct
- Drake Law School Student Handbook
- Registration Guide
We’ve put together a simple, step-by-step registration guide to help you register for courses and get started on your journey to a Drake degree. Download the Registration Guide here.
- Financial Aid
Drake’s Financial Aid office is available to online students and is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. C.T.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Carnegie Hall, 2507 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50311-4505
- Telephone: 515-271-2905; 1-800-44-DRAKE (Option 3)
- Fax: 515-271-4042
- Are You Ready for Online Learning? – FAQs
If you’ve never participated in an online course or program before, you might not know what to expect. To help you assess if online learning is right for you and to answer any common questions you might have, we’ve compiled this list of FAQs. Download the Are You Ready for Online Learning? – FAQs here.