Develop Skills for In-Demand Careers in Highly Regulated Industries
Program Details: 1.5 Years | $867 Per Credit | 24 Credit Hours
- 100% Online
- Six-week Courses
- Expert Faculty
- No Application Fee
- No Exams Required
- Transfer Credits Accepted
In an increasingly complex legal and regulatory landscape, demand is growing for regulatory compliance and risk professionals who have the legal and business expertise necessary to mitigate risk and ensure compliance. Whether you’re taking on a critical role in your current organization or starting a new career, a Master of Jurisprudence in Compliance and Risk Management will set you on the right path.
Drake University’s 100% online Master of Jurisprudence trains non-lawyers in the legal concepts and systems needed to ensure companies are meeting government regulations and adhering to ethical standards in fields such as financial services, insurance, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, agribusiness, and utilities.
Unique, Flexible Curriculum
This 24-credit master’s program can be completed in one and a half years and is designed for those who have earned a bachelor’s degree but have not earned a JD or its foreign equivalent. All six-week courses are 100% online, allowing you to study when and where it works best for you. There are no in-person requirements or scheduled online class meetings.
Upon graduation, you will have a comprehensive understanding of key compliance and risk management topics, including:
- State and federal regulations and agencies.
- Industry-specific regulations and how regulatory changes can affect business choices.
- Procedural law as it relates to agency rule-making, enforcement, and judicial proceedings.
- Implementation and assessment of effective compliance programs and strategies.
- Legal risk mitigation in the workplace.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Submit an electronic copy of your résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Submit a typed, one-page essay detailing your work experience in the area of compliance, why you wish to pursue the program, and how the program will enhance your career.
- Submit contact information for two professional or recommendations.
- Admittance to the Master of Jurisprudence program requires successful completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2.5 GPA. Individuals that do not meet the GPA requirement should contact an enrollment specialist at 844.254.4221 or email@example.com for further information.
Explore our admissions requirements here.
Drake University takes pride in delivering the best value education possible to our students. With our online Master of Jurisprudence in Compliance and Risk Management degree which costs $867 per credit hour, you’ll be prepared to pursue your career goals with skill, knowledge, and confidence. Explore our tuition details here.
Career Outlook for Master of Jurisprudence Graduates
Drake University’s online Master of Jurisprudence in Compliance and Risk Management equips you with skills for career paths in a variety of industries, including human resources, business, finance, and health care. You could apply your skills to your current role or become a compliance officer, risk manager, and more.
- Compliance officers made a mean wage of $75,810 in 2021.1
- Risk management managers make an average salary of $104,863.2
Julia Steggerda-Corey, Program Director — Julia Steggerda-Corey is the Program Director for the Compliance and Risk Management program. This program includes the Master of Jurisprudence in Compliance and Risk Management, an LLM program in Compliance and Risk Management, and a JD Certificate in Compliance and Risk Management. She is an Instructor of Law teaching Legal Writing at Drake Law School. Before joining the faculty at Drake Law School, Julia worked as an Associate Attorney in the Business Litigation division of Faegre Baker Daniels (n/k/a Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP). Julia received her BA from Pepperdine University and her JD and LLM from Drake University Law School.
Kirstin Barber — “The Professor was fully engaged throughout the whole course, BLAW 250: The Law of Business Organizations, and was available for questions when you had issues with an assignment, responses were quick so you didn’t feel like you were waiting until the last moment, and the feedback and weekly emails were engaging and motivating as we moved through this course. I learned a lot and truly enjoyed the course and the Professor who taught it. Thank you for a great experience!”
Parker Bartimus — “By completing this program and obtaining my Master of Jurisprudence, it has contributed to me being viewed as a subject matter expert when it comes to researching laws, rules, and regulations. Despite the fact that it’s an online program, you’re not so isolated and can still meet your cohort and make lasting friendships. It allowed me to structure my days and still have a life outside of it.”
About Drake Law School
Drake Law School combines a rich history with the latest technology and an innovative curriculum, including the nation’s only First-Year Trial Practicum. As the only law school in the capital city of Des Moines, Drake Law School provides a unique educational and practical learning experience through modern facilities, a top-ranked legal clinic, and an exceptional relationship with the bench and bar.
Drake Law School prepares graduates to promote justice, serve their communities, and uphold the ideals of ethics and professionalism. We cultivate critical thinking and professional skills, provide opportunities to acquire global perspectives, and engage in public service. We foster an exceptional learning environment in a welcoming and inclusive community distinguished by accessible and accomplished faculty and staff and a collegial student body.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics. “Compliance Officers.” Retrieved on Jan. 11, 2023, from https://bls.gov/.
- Payscale. “Average Risk Management Manager Salary.” Retrieved on Jan. 11, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/.